Sunday, October 9, 2011

Blog Post #5

I really enjoyed Scott McLeod's post. He definitely tried a different approach. Many people will do the opposite of what you tell them to do. I think that this might be what McLeod was trying to do. By telling people not to let their children use technology, maybe they will start letting them use technology. I agree with most of what he says. It is important to show our children how to properly use the internet. There are also a few bad thing on the internet as well. Which is why it is smart to demonstrate how to use the internet and how not to . 


Scott McLeod is a professor at the University of Kentucky. He is the founder of CASTLE. This is an academic center dedicated to the technology needs of school administrators. He has also received many national awards for his work in technology. McLeod is also a regular blogger. I cannot wait to read more of his blogs.

Travis Allen's video was amazing. I agree with everything he said. At first I thought that it sounded like a good idea but it would be too expensive. Allen then compared the costs and it would actually be cheaper, especially in the long run, to do things his way. ischool sounds like a great idea.

Allen seems like an extremely intelligent person. He has gone far since his first video about the ischool. He now has an organization specifically for the ischool. There is also a team of people that help him out. Allen has also received credit from many credible sources.

I have never seen the internet used in the way Eric Whitachre used it. He did an impressive job. I thought it was great when I was watching it, but when I read that Whitachre had never met with these people, it made a big impact on me. The whole piece sounded so beautiful. I hope he continues to make more videos like this one.

Roberts sees teaching moving more towards technology. He knows that children do not use teachers as the number one source for information anymore. Students can get information anywhere, specifically the internet. The approach that Roberts takes is very relevant. The times are changing and with that teachers have to change as well. They have to be more involved and get their students more engaged. This will affect me as an educator because I am in the next generation of teachers. I will be the one that has to set the standard for the new style of teaching. I do not mean me specifically, but the next generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment