Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Blog Post #1

If you built a school, what would it be like?

What I want my students to know

I want my students to know how to have fun while learning. I think that the best way to do that is to incorporate the tools that children have fun on at home into the classroom. This means bringing in computers, cameras, tablets, and hopefully ipads.

What I want my students to be able to do

I want to emphasize the importance of reading and I want my students to be able to take advantage of the technology that I bring into the classroom. I want them to be able to use the technology in the most effective ways.

The primary way I want to teach my students it
I really want to teach my students how to use technology. I use technology everyday and I know that they do to. The use of technology is just growing and I think that it is one of our duties as teachers to grow with it.

The tools I will use in the classroom are
I want lots of books. I know that books are available through technology but I love paper books. I also want plenty of computers, flip cameras, and tablets. It would also be amazing to have a smartboard but i am sure that is just wishful thinking.

The role my students will have in the classroom
My students will play a huge role in the classroom. They will learn to set up the computers and even teach the class using them. I think that the students will have a lot to offer. I really want to focus on their  independence.

Krissy Venosdale had a great blog. The blog was very inviting due to her use of colors and styles of text. Her content was also amazing. I love how she made a comparison to Willy Wonka The picture that she paints of her dream classroom is beautiful. It makes me want to come in and teach in her classroom. Sugata Mitra's speech was very intriguing. He made some points that really stuck with me. One point was that he said "Schools as we know them are obsolete." As scary as this is, it is completely true. Overall this video was inspiring.









2 comments:

  1. That's great that you want your students to have fun learning! I think it's important for students to understand that learning CAN be fun. You're also right about how important it is to teach students how to use technology and how important it is to incorporate technology into the classroom. Educators need to prepare their students for what they will face in their careers, and technology will be a huge part of their future careers.

    Don't be discouraged about SMART boards! There's a very good chance you will have access to one since they're becoming more and more common in schools.

    I'd like to remind you that you need to have at least one picture in each blog post, as well as working links! It's always a good idea to link to the blog posts and videos you watched as part of your assignment.

    Also, you should go back and write about what you read in Krissy Venosdale's blog post, as well as talk a little bit about the Sugata Mitra video.

    Good luck in the rest of the course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...but I love paper books. "Does it matter whether your students love paper books?

    Where are your summaries Venosdale and Mitra?

    See Rebecca's comment.

    ReplyDelete