Sunday, December 18, 2011

Blog Post #14

I thought Jose Picardo's "Top 10 Tips for Using Technology in the Classroom," was very informative. There are many tips that he talked about that I never would have thought to incorporate in a classroom. One of the tips that I liked was the use of music and iTunes. As a lover of music I think that this would be a great way to keep children interested in certain topics. I also really liked how he included Skype in one of his tips. Skype is a great way for children to communicate with others all around the world.

One of the other tips that Picardo suggested was to use social networks. I think that this is a great idea because so many children already use social networks. You can make small groups, communicate easily with your students, and set the privacy to whatever you want. He also talks about using the smartboard more efficiently. This is something that we have been working on recently in EDM 310. I cannot wait to use a smartboard in my class.

No comments:

Post a Comment