Sunday, December 11, 2011

Blog Post #11

Getting to see the different types of technology that Ms.Cassidy used was amazing. I never thought that a person would be able to incorporate that many different things into a class of 1st graders. The children seemed to love working with the computers and the smartboard. I think that I could use many of the types of technology Ms.Cassidy used in my own classroom. If I had to pick one, I would use blogs. One of the children said that his blog helped him to spell better and this is something that I have never given thought to . Another thing that I thought was interesting was the incorporation of the Nintendo DS into the classroom. This seems really fun and effective.

The problems that I think I would encounter would be finding the appropriate time for each child to use the same amount of time on the computer. It would be up to me to make a schedule so that every child could get all of their work done. Another thing that might pose as a problem would be the Nintendo DS. While I think this is creative and fun, I could see the children fighting over it. I would probably resolve this by setting turns for the children to take on the DS. I think by incorporating all of these different types of technology into the classroom the children would benefit by gaining communicating, researching, and writing skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment