Saturday, December 3, 2011

Blog Post #8

Richard Miller's "This is How We Dream," hit home for me. As a lover of books myself, I feel that it is important to have a love for literature. Miller also spoke about how you can by any book now virtually, for only a fraction of the price. I have a Nook and I love it! There are so many paper books that I have purchased that I have never even opened. I have never really thought about it, but this is a waste.

 Miller also talks about how we share knowledge infinitely through the internet. This means that anything you put on the internet is there forever. It is never really deleted. This is amazing to me. This is one of the reasons why it is important to be smart about what you put on the internet. It would be awful to put something horrible on the internet and know that it can never be erased.

 This video was an eye-opener. It made me realize that times are changing. Every day they are making new technology, always something to replace whatever came before it. The way we use to do thing is dying. Pretty soon we will not even need paper anymore, everything will be done through the internet. This is why it is so important to be technologically literate.

 Carly Pugh's blog post was informative and very well written. The assignment that she came up with would be a great one for this class. She does come close to writing with multi-media. It was like she was writing with videos. She put text with it, but there was a video every few sentences. I think that she did an amazing job with getting her point across.

 The video "Learn to Change, Change to learn," had some great points. One man in the video talks about how they are blocking blog posting and other creative outlets for children in schools. We should be incorporating those in our schools. I really appreciated how another man talked about how most children today are in a "nearly now" state. He also says that this is a great state for learning. Simply put, times are changing and technology is a part of this world. We should embrace it.

 Personally I loved "EDM 310 For Dummies." I thought that this video was clever and creative. I would love to be in a video people can relate to. When I first started EDM 310 it was a bit overwhelming. This video made excelling in the class feel possible.

2 comments:

  1. Hannah,
    It is extremely important that we as future educators become technologically literate. Because if we fall behind on this important feature then our students will. It is crazy how paper will be almost not even needed anymore in a very short period of time because the way that technology is advancing.
    One thing that I did notice is that you didn't put links or pictures, but other than that you did a great job summarizing this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the picture, it just now popped up! oops!!

    ReplyDelete