Sunday, June 23, 2013

C4T Assignment #2


For my C4T #2 assignment I was assigned a blog by Lisa Thumann. Her post was called Untapped Apps on Google Drive. I found her post to be very helpful and informative. She wrote about apps that might be helpful while using google drive. My favorite app was called Twisted Wave. Twisted Wave is an app that allows you to edit audio files in your drive. I did some research on Twisted Wave on my own and I found out that not only can you edit audio using this app, you can also record audio! This is awesome! I really think that this app could come in handy in the classroom when the children want to record and share audio with their classmates or anyone for that matter. I can't wait to use this app in my classroom. I wrote to Lisa...


Dear Lisa,
My name is Hannah and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I really enjoyed your post. It was so informative and brought many new google drive apps to my attention. I had never even heard of most of these. I am going into elementary education and I am excited to use several of these in my classroom. I think that Twisted Wave would really come in handy. This would be a fun app for me to use as well as the students. Thank you for your post and I can't wait to use some of these apps in the classroom. 


My next Post for Lisa was on her blog post 20 percent time.This was a post about the 20 percent time rule implemented by google. This allows students to take time out of the week to research or fix anything that they want to. I think this a great way to keep your students involved in things that actually interest them. She also put some links in her post that I found interesting. They were full of ideas and possible activities for the classroom. I really enjoy following Lisa Thumann and I cannot wait to see what else she has to offer. I wrote to Lisa...


Dear Lisa,
I am excited to implement the 20 percent time project into my future classroom. I think that it is a great idea that could be implemented in any classroom. All students should have time to work on or fix something that interests them on the web. This is a great way to get students involved in the things that like. I also loved that you included so many links into your post. I found out some interesting things in them that gave me examples of fun in classroom activities. Thank you for your post and I can't wait to see what's next.



2 comments:

  1. It appears that this is really Part 2 of C4T#1. Where is your post on the second teacher assigned to you?

    This shows more energy and effort on your part that a lot of your other work. But it is late and should be part of your first post on C4T#1,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah,

    I'm a HUGE fan of Google apps and I'm glad that you got to explore a few on your own! However, you were supposed to do your C4T #2 on Wesley Fryer's blog! This was a very good post though.

    ReplyDelete