Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Blog Post #3



The video What is Peer Editing? was very useful. I enjoyed how it was to the point. It emphasized the importance of staying positive and polite. When I peer edit these two things are my main concerns. I do not want to hurt anyone's feelings. This video relayed that if you show your peer the positives and the negatives of the paper, you are less likely to offend them.

Peer Edit With Perfection was a detailed explanation of peer editing. I thought it was slightly repetitive but it got the point across. My favorite video was Writing Peer Review Top Ten Mistakes. It was funny and gave very informative examples of common mistakes in peer editing. The child acting was also surprisingly very well. This is a video I would want my class to watch before sending them to edit their peer's papers.

I loved reading Paige Ellis's Blog Post #12. My favorite part about her post was getting to see the conversation between Paige and Dr. Strange. She had the same worries that I do now. Her post helped me realize that everyone needs constructive criticism. We make mistakes and it is perfectly acceptable for someone to help us fix them.

3 comments:

  1. Hannah!
    Great job on your blog. I loved your detail and how you broke everything down. You wrote a well organized blog. When you used the word "relayed" in your first paragraph did you mean "displayed?" Other than that everything was fine. Lets work together on improving our blogs! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah,
    Your blog is looking great! I liked how you summarized the main points in each post. Everything looked good to me as far as I can tell. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I enjoyed how it was to the point." What does this mean. You do not summarize. What is necessary for a good summary?

    ReplyDelete