Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Blog Post #11

Ms. Cassidy is an amazing teacher who incorporates the use of technology in her classroom. I thought that Ms. Cassidy's classroom was brilliant! This would be a dream classroom for me. She incorporates tools that the students use at home into the classroom. Every student in there looked like they were having fun while learning.

Ms. Cassidy uses blogs, websites, wikis, and Skype to enhance her classroom. I would love to incorporate all of these into my classroom. The one that I would be most inclined to use would have to be Skype. Skype is an incredible tool because it can allow your students to talk to any students around the world. This is so important because it promotes cultural awareness and diversity. The only problem that I can think of with Skype are technical difficulties. It might just be the Skype on my computer, but I run into connection problems every now and then. A way to fix this is to test your connection or have technical support look into it.

There are so many benefits to Ms. Cassidy's approach to teaching. Like I said earlier it promotes learning while having fun. I think that is when students are really retaining what they are hearing. It is a great way to prevent "burp back education." Ms. Cassidy is also providing these children with skills that they can use for the rest of their lives. Like Ms. Cassidy said in her Skype interview "it's not going away it's here to stay." She is showing these children to embrace the amazing tools that they are given. I also checked out Ms. Cassidy's blog and it was great! There were so many tools that her students have used. I have learned so much from Ms. Cassidy.

3 comments:

  1. Are you prepared to be a Ms. Cassidy kind of teacher? Are you ready to work hard every day? Are you prepared to do your best all of the time? Are you prepared to grow and learn? That's what it takes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah,

    Ms. Cassidy is an exceptional teacher who is not afraid to try new things. I am glad you found her ideas to be inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Overall Hannah, you have a well written blog here. You explained what key points you thought Ms. Cassidy made in her blog and what tools she used in her classroom. I would like to see how you would use skype in your classroom. I also believe that Ms. Cassidy provides a great learning environment for her students and I think this is very beneficial to the students learning. Great job Hannah.

    ReplyDelete