Sunday, July 14, 2013

Blog Post #14



For this blog post you will go to the Mind Shift blog. Read all of the web tools and pick one that you think will be the most beneficial in your classroom and explain why you chose it. Answer the question in a post that adheres to the standards found in the ACCRS and in Writing A Quality Blog Post.

I really enjoyed the website Poll Everywhere. Poll Everywhere allows the teacher to ask students a question and the students can respond to that question via text message. I think that this will be useful in my classroom for a couple of reasons. The first reason I want to use Poll Everywhere in my classroom is because the age I will be teaching lives through texting. Many children are getting phones now in the fourth and fifth grade. I know this because I have two brothers in the fifth grade. My brothers are constantly on their phones. Poll Everywhere gives the students an opportunity to use their phones in the classroom! Although many children are getting phones at young ages I did consider the possibility that every student will not have a phone by the fifth grade. For this reason I will more than likely be using Poll Everywhere in groups. Another reason I want to use Poll Everywhere is because the answers are displayed in poll form and polls are used everywhere. Polls are all over the news and television. This gives the students the opportunity to actually be involved in polls while learning about the material we are going over in class. I also think that this will be a great activity for study sessions. I really enjoyed the Mind Shift website and can't wait to explore it further.

1 comment:

  1. Well done. I think I should add Poll Everywhere to EDM310. Then the fact that I forgot the red and green paper wouldn't matter.

    ReplyDelete