Sunday, July 14, 2013

C4T #4

The blog that was assigned to me was Langwitches run by Mrs. Tolisano. This was a great blog and I enjoyed reading the post. The first post that I read was called More iPad Workflow Scenarios. This was a very informative post on the use of workflows in the classroom. Mrs. Tolisano talked about an app that allows you to create workflows using the iPad. I had never put much thought into workflows before this post and now I cannot wait to use them. They are a great way to keep you organized. She also supplied some really good pictures of some workflows that you can create on the iPad. Another thing that I really liked about this post was that she mentioned some really great sites that I can use in my classroom. I had never even heard of most them. My comment for this post was...

Hi, my name is Hannah Still and I am in Dr.Strange’s EDM 310 class at the University of South Alabama. I really enjoyed your post! I plan on getting a tablet (hopefully an ipad) in the very near future and this looks like an app that I will want to download. These workflow charts seem to be very helpful and well organized. You also mentioned some sites that I have never heard of and I am interested in researching them. Thank you for a great way to organize my commonly used social media sites and apps and I cannot wait to see your next post!


The second blog post was a guest post by Karin Hallett called Upgrading Traditional Reports to ebooks. This was my favorite post of the two. I loved the lesson plan that Mrs. Hallett used. She let the students choose a nonfiction book about an animal and write a report on it. This was not just any ordinary report though. Hallett let them make a paper report and then they transformed it into an ebook report using BookCreator and Explain Everything. The reports turned out amazingly! It was a long process but it was worth it. Hallett said that she was worried the students would lose interest but they stayed engaged the entire time. This was a fun way for the children to learn about their animals and also share them with the world. I will definitely be using this lesson plan in my classroom. My comment to this post was...


This was a great post! I know it is a guest post but I am so happy that you include it in your blog. First of all Iove the lesson plan. Even without making the reports into ebooks it is great. Making the reports into ebooks however makes it even better. I am truly amazed at what these students accomplished! I love how the sites Explain Everything and BookCreator was included in this post. I checked them out and they are definitely tools I want to use in my classroom. This whole lesson plan is wonderful and I cannot wait to give it a shot! Thank you and I am looking forward to seeing your next post.

1 comment: