Wednesday, July 3, 2013

C4T Assignment #3


For this C4T I was assigned William Chamberlain. His blog post was about his concern that he was becoming and digital luddite. I immediately had to look up the word luddite. What I found was that they are people who oppose technological change. This post really made me think. It even made me question myself. At one point, before this class, was I a digital luddite? I am not so sure about myself but looking through Mr. Chamberlain's  blog I knew that there was no way he could be a digital luddite. In my opinion he seemed to embrace technology. He also asked the question if teachers who are new to online tools have the advantage on not having to deal with online baggage? I don't think they are at an advantage. I think that teachers with more online tool experience have the upper hand. Overall I thought this was a great post and it got my brain working. My comment to William Chamberlain was...

Hi Mr. Chamberlain,
My name is Hannah Still and I am in Dr.Strange's EDM 310 class at the University of South Alabama. I agree that it is hard to keep up with all of the new technology these days. Before EDM 310 I had no clue that there were so many different online tools used to enhance student learning. I know I have barely scratched the surface but I am excited to continue learning. As for you becoming a digital luddite, I don't think so. You have your own blog! I think thats worth some points. Thanks for the post and I can't wait to read more!


The next post for Mr. Chamberlian was equally as interesting. In this post he talked about a site called Whispersync for Voice. Whispersync for Voice allows you to sync your audio books with your ebooks. This means that if you are reading your ebook inside and then hop into your car, you don't have to look for where your stopping point was in your ebook on your audio book. The two books will automatically sync together. I thought that this was really neat! I listen to audio books a lot so this is a tool that I think will be very useful to me. The only thing that I need to do now is get a tablet so I can read ebooks which will hopefully be happening in the near future. My comment to Mr. Chamberlain was...

Hello again,
Whispersync for Voice sounds great! I like to read but I love to listen to audio books. I travel quite a bit so they really come in handy. I have yet to purchase any ebooks but I have been wanting to get a tablet for a while now. When I get one I am definitely going to use Whispersync for Voice. I hate having to get into my car and search for my place on the audio book. I am so happy you posted this!  Thank you and I can't wait to read your next post.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hannah,

    Good post! Mr. Chamberlain is definitely a teacher you should follow, even after this class. I too find his first post you mentioned to be thought provoking.

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are correct. mr. Chamberlain is not a luddite! But he is a great friend of EDM310. In fact there is a William Chamberlain Award that is given to an EDM310 graduate every year. This year the prize is $ 300. Next year it should be about $ 500.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete